Tuesday 4 November 2008

Carrot and orange Stir-fry


This is somethings I found and thought I'd give try as its a lot different from my usual stir-frys. I also added a few ingredients to make it a bit more interesting.
Don't let the fact that theres a tiny bit of ketchup in it put you off, as it surprised me the way it worked so well with the soy sauce and sugar you can't even tell that its ketchup. This is very quick and easy to make and tastes really good give it a try!

Ingredients:

2 TBSP sunflower oil
1 clove garlic
5 carrots, sliced or grated
1 leek, shredded
4 broccoli florets
1/4 courgette
1/5 white cabbage. chopped
1 orange peeled and segmented
2 TBSP tomato ketchup
2 TBSP Soy sauce
1 TBSP demerara sugar
1 hand full peanuts
1/2 hand full mixed sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds

1. Heat the sunflower oil in a large preheated wok add garlic
2. Add grated carrot, leek, cabbage, courgette to the wok and stir for 2-3min
3. Add orange segments, make sure you don't break them up as you add them to the mixture
4. Mix the ketchup, soy sauce and sugar in a bowl then add it to the wok and stir for a furhter 2 min.
5. Add the nuts and seeds, mix in then transfer to a bowl immediately.

You can add chicken or quorn to the stir-fry to make it even more filling and interesting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I haven't made a stir fry for ages. This one certainly sounds interesting ;o)
I'll give it a try, it sounds really good for you and I could do with a winter pick me up.